Revision?

MikeT.
MikeT.
09/11/2017 2:43 pm

Do any of you work a revision of what you have done in GT into your learning sessions? Do you have a plan for revison like 6 days progress then 1 day revision?

A few months ago I had a private teacher and it was disturbing what I had forgotten from earlier lessions when the teacher announced a revision session. He asked "Don't you do regular revision?" And it was obvious that I hadn't. I had so much new stuff to master every week that I just didn't make time to revise. That was a mistake.

Now with GuitarTricks I can go at my own pace and take a step backwards once in a while.

What do any of the instructors suggest?

Dazed and Confused.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
09/11/2017 6:05 pm

Hi Mike,

This is a great suggestion. We don't have any type of review or revision section tied into each course but it's something that is definitely on the list now! Thanks for the feedback and helping make Guitar Tricks the best place to learn and play.

Since we don't have anything for you yet, I suggest you go back and relearn some of the songs that were taught during each course. Learning songs is probably the best way to retain musical information and train your muscles. Practice these songs so you can easily determine which chord you're playing, and able to play comfortably.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
MikeT.
MikeT.
09/12/2017 3:02 am

Today I started my own review. I went back through Blues Level 1, chapters 1 & 2 that I had already completed and made a written note of the section titles that I need to brush up on occasionally. I'll keep a track of those sections that need more work as I go though the chapters and levels. Then I'll have my own review sheet. I'll know where my weaknesses lie and I can re-visit them often.

I wonder if you could insert a feature where we could click a section and earmark it for future revision? Maybe a feature that loads the checked sections into a separate "My Revision" page? [br][br]I spent most of the day going over all of C1 & C2 again. It would be great if all my noted weak areas could be listed all on one page.

This site is great.

Dazed and Confused.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.