Career

Mr. Vai
Mr. Vai
01/17/2002 2:21 am
Hi guys.

Well, I really want to play guitar for a career, and I was just curious if anyone could tell me about GIT, I hear people are 'graduates' from GIT (what does it stand for anyway?) and could you give me a little info on how much it costs, were the school(s?) are located and just some info on what you do there and stuff and if anybody has even went there if they could give me some stories.

Thanks
My guitar is like an umbillical cord, its wired into my head.
# 1
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
01/17/2002 6:13 am
we had a thread last time, and it seems that GIT didn't have such a good reputation. Last time I jammed with a guy who had been to BIT (same but for bass) and he wasn't that good... I think that you could start with a little community college, and maybe later go to such a school, but don't think it will do everything for you.
# 2
trebledamage
trebledamage
01/18/2002 1:56 am
I've heard the same type of bad things about GIT. I know a guy from my area who went there and I got the sense that he wasn't all that pleased with it. There is some guy on here named Snikbar, or something like that, who has indicated in other threads that he went to GIT and that he really seemed to like it. You may want to try and track him down and email him your questions. If you are really serious about studying music full time and making it your career, you should think about going to an accredited college or university and majoring in music. I don't know if GIT falls in that category. Berklee would be a good example. I believe they have a website that you could check out.
:cool:
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.