Eighties Metal, Eighties Metal, Eighties Metal!!!

Joseph
Joseph
07/22/2001 3:59 am
Well, its safe to say that I'm not what you would call a disgruntled fan who is still waiting for the past to recreate itself. But besides the fact that a lot of you guys don't appreciate a lot of the bands that came from this era, you have to admit that they lived some pretty interesting lives!!!

A few nights ago I watched VH1's special movie on DEF LEPPARD, and its an amazing story especially how their drummer was able to continue with only one arm. I remember when the eighties came to a close how I felt when I heard of the news of Rick Allen, I just couldn't believe it. I assumed they would continue without him, but it just goes to show you how much of a strong connection these guys had with each other, where almost nothing could tear them apart. These guys suffered one tragedy after another, and especially with The death of Steve Clark. A great guitarist who had his life taken away because of his severe drinking problem. After hearing abut James Hetfield, I'm glad that he came to his sences before it was too late.

Overall, HYSTERIA: THE DEF LEPPARD STORY, its a very interesting piece of film, even if you're not necessarily a gan of the band. But out of mere curiosity, which eighties metal band do you feel they should make a movie on next?

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/22/2001 5:37 am
I thought Steve Clark died from a Cocain problem... isn't that what White Lightning is about anyway? Probably a combonation of the two anyway.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
07/23/2001 11:15 pm
Spinal Tap.Oh no wait...whats the question again?
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 3
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
07/24/2001 7:47 pm
deep purple was somewhat metal in the 80's so i would like to see movie about them...
maybe whitesnake and steve vai
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 4
Locrian
Locrian
07/26/2001 7:11 pm
I think a movie on Metallica could be really cool. They made their best music in the eighties. It would be an interesting film because it could show how they became famous without playing mainstream music at all( at the start of their career). That is a huge accomplishment.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.