View post (looking to start a band)

View thread

rob b.
rob b.
07/08/2004 5:59 pm
As sad as it to say it, it really depends on where you live. I just moved from NJ to SC almost a year ago. When I was in NJ, I had an original band (indie), I was in a Bon Scott tribute band (AC/DC), and in a regular classic/hard rock band. Did I mention I was in all of them at the same time. The music scene was amazing there, 50 miles from NYC, Philly. Hundreds of venues to play. It seemed like everyone you talked to was a musician in a band or looking to join one. When I got SC it was a whole nother story... there wasn't a scene, still isn't one if you ask my opinion. There was limited resources also... 1 free weekly newspaper that may have an add on occasion. And 1 website, where most of the people just talked trash to each other. It took me, 8 months to find two cool guys, and start a cover band... I've given up on originals for now... just doesn't seem like there's a market for it. I almost debated on selling all of my gear and just giving up music... then I thought... NO WAY, MAN!!! Just don't give up hope! You'll find something eventually.
"It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself." ~ J.S. Bach