View post (Yngwie vids)

View thread

TheDirt
TheDirt
06/26/2004 4:04 pm
No, actually, it's not legal. Those video clips you're talking about are pirated excerpts from Yngwie's instructional video/DVD which is copyrighted. I would suggest buying the DVD if you really want to learn the licks, but I don't think it's worth it. You'd be better off getting a better video -- Yngwie's just shows a couple licks, no real theory behind how he creates the licks. I'll transcribe one lick I learned from my DVD, which I think is the most commonly available on the net... it's an A Minor run, and all played on the high e string.

|-8-5-7-8-10-7-8-10-12-8-10-12-13-10-12-13-15-12-13-15-17-|

It's been a while since I've seen the video, so that second to last note may be a G#, and not a G, because it's pretty characteristic of Malmsteen to use the Harmonic Minor in his licks.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster