Satriani legato

hammetthead13
hammetthead13
06/25/2004 12:40 pm
hi, after many hours of listening to the greatest legato player of all time- Joe Satriani aka GOD :rolleyes: , i was keen to develop my own legato technique to add this to my guitar arsenal. does anyone know some Satriani type legato licks other than the ones on this site or any other type of legato lessons or tips on how to improve my playing?
My amp is a weapon of mas DISTORTION!!!!
# 1
TheDirt
TheDirt
06/25/2004 4:09 pm
I would suggest that you go to the Guitar Tricks main page and search for legato. There's a LOT of licks and tricks on this website to keep you busy for a long time.

Here's a trick of mine. It's a descending triplet lick in B Minor (though you can play it in any key by just moving the whole shape around). All the notes are hammer-ons and pull-offs except when changing strings and the one positional slide on the G string that you need to do to keep the fingering from being awkward. This sounds great when played extremely fast.

|-10-9-7-9-7----7---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------10---10-8-10-8-7-8-7---7-------------------------------------------------------------|
|---------------------------------9---9-7-9-7/5-7-5---5-------------------------------------------|
|---------------------------------------------------9---9-7-9-7-5-7-5---5-------------------------|
|---------------------------------------------------------------------9---9-7-9-7-5-7-5-----------|
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------9-7~~~---|

"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.