My Boss Ultimate DS-1 with Heavy Duty Stomp Switch for Boost!

Liys
Liys
06/23/2004 1:51 pm
Guys,

Let me know what you think of my BOSS DS-1 here, I call it "Ultimate" mod. I have the sound clip to listen to there.

Beside the Stompswitch, I put 2 LEDs for the status and the boost on indicator. A 3 position toggle switch for selecting soft distortion-normal distortion and an overdrive sound. I add trimpot for adjusting the boost level. a lot more, anyway check it out and let me know.

O, BTW, what about this one as well;

All comments welcome.
Liys
# 1
Liys
Liys
06/25/2004 9:43 am
i think it's pretty damn cool... the stomp switch's position would take some getting used to, i think, but overall i'd say it's pretty cool looking.

Thanks PonyOne,

Anyone else? any comment on getting completely new housing for it etc? or just anything?

All welcome, thanks
# 2
Liys
Liys
06/26/2004 7:28 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneI can't really access the soundfile... how would you describe it tonally?

PonyOne,
This is a thight, thick & fat tubelike distortion, Hemispheres (HC Forumite from South Carolina with over 6000 posts) can explain you better here:
Originally posted by Hemispheres
I received my Ultimate FAT modded DS-1 this weekend and have played it for a little while, but not as long as I would like to yet. First impressions say this is one of the best sounding solid state distortion pedals I have ever heard. I haven't played it enough yet to do a full comparison to my Keeley Ultra mod DS-1 and my Analogman modded DS-1 but I CAN say it sounds absolutely fantastic. The FAT knob on the side is a great addition. So far, I like it to be set at halfway between minimum and maximum. Also, this pedal sounds very tube-like. The most tube-like out of the three modded DS-1 pedals I have (this is with the toggle switch in the "down" position). I played it against a Nady tube distortion pedal I have and my SIB Varidrive and Liys's mod sounds close as far as being authentic when it comes to sounding tube-like (which is amazing for what was originally *just* a Boss DS-1).

I'll be coming back later to do a full comparison. This is just a heads up.

Thanks for the great work. I am very satisfied.

That is taken from Harmony-Central

The clip is here
I can send to your email if you want, just let me know.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.