View post (J. Hendrix; overrated twanger of the millenium?)

View thread

alucard0941
alucard0941
06/19/2004 12:16 am
The thing you have to understand is, Hendrix was the first of his kind. Like for example, I can agree that many guitarists are better than Hendrix SKILL WISE right? But if it wasnt for Jimi, those guitarists wouldnt be where they are right now. He WAS the biggest moitivation at his time and after he died becuase people had never seen anyone do what he does on a guitar, thus they want to copy and be like him. Of course since he died, new guitarists would study his work, use his techniqus and add their own spice. Therefore, they eventually become better than him SKILL WISE. Now we all think that Hey John Petrucci and great, he is fast, and his work sounds good. Well, the thing is, he probually got most of his chops from Hendrix. Also, it was him who made rock and eventually metal to become so great. I bet no one can name a rock guitarist who was better than him before his time or even after his time. Im not talking about rock bands, but actual guitarists.
DUH!!! these new guitarists are gonna be better than him!!! The man died early and he probually wasnt at his max guitar potential yet.

There is alot I can say but my fingers hurt.
Peace
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music