View post ($$$$)

View thread

Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
06/11/2004 1:41 pm
I think everyone over estimates that amount that bands make.
One of my mates Bands...Seether got signed to Wind-Up records a few years back( dunno how well they have done in the states, but their getting signed was BIG news here in South Africa).
Anyway, they have released 1 album that has sold reasonably well...not sure of actual sales records...and have had songs on the Freddy vs Jason, The Punisher and Daredevil soundtracks...they are doing really well and have definately gone further than any South african musician before them ( except maybe Trevor Rabin...from Yes, now he does alot of work in movie soundtracks).
Anyway, they ( Seether ) still dont make much money and last I heard they were still owing money to the record lable...I think in many cases that whole "Rich and famous" thing is a myth.
There is a common idea here in Sa which says " If you have a meeting with a record company, make sure to take a bus to get there...because if they findout you own a car, they`ll find a way to take it from you"
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]