Neck-damage? =/

Inisfail
Inisfail
05/31/2004 1:01 pm
Hello! :)

I bought an Epiphone Speciell-II 9 months ago and I'm a little bit worried if it has got somekind of damages lately. When I play power-chords on the D and A string upwards the neck this happens:

On the first 12 frets it all sounds tuned but somewhere around 14th-15th fret it doesn't sound tuned. Is this what's called intonation? The guitar is tuned, but only on some places on the neck? I've checked, my fingers doesn't bend the strings when I play the chords..
:mad:
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/31/2004 4:05 pm
It sounds like it could well be intonation. Heres how to check:
1) tune your guitar with a good electronic tuner. Tune the strings from low to high until they are all spot on.
2) play your open note and then fret the octave on the 12th fret.

The fretted note should be exactly an octave above the open note and if your tuner is any good it will tell you if the fretted note is on or not.

If it is well good if not you will have to either fix the intonation your self by adjusting scale length (by moving the saddle either closer to the nut or further away, this will require a small screw driver)
or
get a tech to do it. It is not a difficult thing to do but if you are unsure, get it sorted out professionally.
gluck !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
Inisfail
Inisfail
05/31/2004 11:20 pm
Thanks Doc! I'll give my local guitarstore a closer look on it! =D
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.