View post (hendrix vs. van halen)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
02/11/2001 6:02 am
I guess its safe to say that you're looking for someone to end this argument, and make matters all better, :). Well when it all comes down to it, its a matter of taste. But keep in mind if it wasn't for Jimmi Hendrix, its very possible that Eddie Vanhalen would have never picked up the guitar, nor had the courage to go beyond the limit. After Jimmi Hendrix performed at the Monterey Pop Festival and watched his guitar go up in flames, a twelve year old Eddie V purchased his first guitar. With so much much conviction of passion after witnessing Hendrix's display of volatile emotion, that gave Eddie V the push that he was looking for. Most people feel that Eddie Vanhalen is the greatest, and yes when it comes to being technically proficient, (I don't think theres anyone who can top him.) But Jimmi Hendrix has that certain flair, a certain spark that no matter how fast others can play (no one can or has been able to duplicate.) So, instead of fighting back in fourth as to who has a better stroke, play your favorite records of the two one afternoon, and listen very closely for the elements that makes them so special. And take what you will, and add it to your own style.

-Joseph, :). As a matter of personal taste, I love Hendrix's style..
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."