Greg Koch

Fruitbat
Fruitbat
05/17/2004 11:54 am
Came acoss this fella while mooching around Favored Nation's website. A very interesting stylist as well as incredible techniques. The problem he might have that he's way too eclectic mixing hard rock, country, blues..similar to but not the same as Steve Morse. 'Grip' and 'Radio free gristle' have a lot of ideas going on. Some strange chord progressions and weird sounds in addition to more conventional stuff.
# 1
Fruitbat
Fruitbat
05/20/2004 8:28 am
hmmm..65 views and no comments! I take it no one here's heard of him, not even any of you Americans? If you're well into excellent guitar playing I recommend you check out his stuff. Where he scores over the likes of neo-classical shredders is that he's got a much more varied style, doesn't widdle pointlessly, is pretty innovative and has some cracking tunes. I've heard a whole bunch of top flight players from Django and Wes Montgomery, via Hendrix and EVH to Steve Morse,Vai, Satriani to the Shrapnel/Tone Center crowd and few have impressed me as much as Koch. Then again, if you dont wanna give up playing, praps you shouldnt listen to him. :eek:
# 2
spanky10940
spanky10940
05/28/2004 7:09 pm
yeah - I've heard of him and I have a few of his mp3's.... (shhh, the RIAA might be watchin) and he's amazing!!!!

he's the Fender clinician...

www.fender.com just because Fender rules!!!!!

(c'mon with da fender sux comments!)
"The one truly great thing about this life is that noone can sincerely and truly help someone, without helping themselves"

Ralph Waldo Emerson
# 3
hammer1960
hammer1960
11/03/2006 10:56 pm
I had heard of him just because I play Fenders. I went last week and bought two of his DVDs, the one called "Blues" and the other was the SRV DVD which has "Lenny" on it. The Blues one was copyright 2005 or 2006 so it is new. Not only does the guy have a great sense of humor, his guitar playing is outstanding. He also knows the instrument and the sounds it can make.
He does the sounds on the CD that comes in the back of the book "The Stratocaster Chronicles".
I plan to purchase his "Guitar Grissle" DVD and Book/CD soon. Then the only thing left is his other SRV DVD. He also writes for Hal Leonard music books. I have his Blues Guitar one. I think he also did one on Country technique.
It is clear on the DVDs I have that he is not just a guy who is good at guitar, but knows the theory, technique, nuances as well as the history of Blues and the artists he represents in these products.
I HIGHLY recommend purchasing these DVDs and books. Will they make you the next Buddy Guy or SRV, no, not in and of themselves. They can however assist in enhancing your playing if you work at it. But that is just one man's opinion. You can also download some of this stuff on iTunes.
Sayonara :cool:
# 4
hammer1960
hammer1960
11/03/2006 11:00 pm
Spanky,
Forgot to mention, in the DVDs, he also plays a Les Paul when showing some of the things Clapton does. Indeed he DOES delve into the "dark side" (lol). ;)
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.