Hey LEEtheV!

Elmo45
Elmo45
02/09/2001 5:15 am
Have you tried Guiatr.com's Discussion Board?
Believe me they can use some of your insight there!
# 1
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
02/09/2001 8:22 am
hhh
they also could use some operators
to ban some people...
like all the **** post that were posted there a while ago
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 2
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/09/2001 2:07 pm
I'll check the site out......(BTW, Why don't you guys allow some cussin' over here? First Ammendment rights and all that.....Is it because of the younger members?)....Just curious.....
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 3
Willdridge
Willdridge
02/09/2001 6:44 pm
I don't think it's so much it's not aloud, just really not needed. I reckon Jon and the other hosts pride themselfs on having a nice, respectful forum which holds decent and worth while discussions. I don't remember every seeing a post flaming someone, (having said that, it'll happen now). It's a nice forum, I like this forum. Unlike a lot of others (www.guitartabs.cc) I was there for one message and I ended up in a pointless argument! No, this is a good, clean, sensible, you get the point forum. Am I right, or do I have a rose coloured view?
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 4
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
02/09/2001 8:35 pm
Yeah, i was one the forum at tabcrawler one night, and i was answering some of the questions because a lot of guys on there will steer you wrong and are way to opinionated for instance, A guy asked how do you repair the pickups on a fender mex strat and people weren't giving him help just voicing their opinions on how bad that guitar sucks, that's not help. A lot of people on forums just go to piss people off. I keep it real, i wouldn't say nothing over that internet to you that i wouldn't say to your face. I mean it's one thing to have an opinion, and it's another to be opinionated. Well i'll get back to what i was saying. So i answered like 20 questions that night cause a lot of them on there are just starting out and some people don't wanna answer em. So the next day some guy is straight dissing me, cause i was sharing my wisdom with the peeps there. It's a whole lot of ignorant people in the world today, and i take great pride in not being one of them.

Willdridge, were you here for the epic "Carlo Sperti Sainz Saga"?
"Take my hand boss"
# 5
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/09/2001 10:07 pm
I think Widlldridge missed our "buddy" Carlo for not only did he flame certain members of this bord, he got flamed right back (though we were more creative and far less vulgar about it).

I really do have to say just how much I appreciate how civilized this forum is, and if my occaisional cuss (or word it determinse to be offensive) gets turned into "*******" then that's OK with me. I do think the software or script that is in chare of this is a bit over sensitive.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
Willdridge
Willdridge
02/09/2001 10:20 pm
I missed this Carlo thing, I must admit. I suppose every forum has one idiot who ruins it, it's just most have more than just that one. I think Jake really summed it up, "It's one thing to have an opinion, it's another to be opininated." Really hits the mark.
So go on, what happened more or less with Carlo?
# 7
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
02/10/2001 12:47 am
The whole situation goes back like 4 months ago where he emailed me comments via the guitartricks formmail, Saying how much i sucked and whatnot. So i was like "ok man, whateva" then i told him to go to guitarwar.com and compete, then he said that was gay, then he dissapeared til i woke up saw him posting bad stuff about me on this forum. When Ras told him he should move on from this forum, he turned on ras, then badhorsie, and anybody's name he saw. He then made an official gay roster which was lame as all getout. I mean he was so lame, he lacked any type of dissing skills whatsoever. It was like a room full of educated people in a verbal battle with a 3 year old. And he had some definite restrained homosexuality, everything that came outta his mouth included gay or homo. He told spooky..joey to go to school and learn something, and carlo could hardly spell himself. Well i think that about sums up carlo. Pure unadulterated stupidity at it's finest.
"Take my hand boss"
# 8
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
02/10/2001 1:56 am
I never really did understand that whole thing. As a matter of fact he emailed me a couple times but none of his emails made any sense. He'd write me with things like "Hey," or "Do I know you,". Maybe I do know him. Sounds like some kid I beat up when I was in 2nd grade, you never know.
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 9
Joseph
Joseph
02/10/2001 2:10 am
Originally posted by LEEtheV
I'll check the site out......(BTW, Why don't you guys allow some cussin' over here? First Ammendment rights and all that.....Is it because of the younger members?)....Just curious.....

I think its safe to say that this place is pretty resectable as it stands, and it definitely has its moments. I think from everyones perspective, they would like to do whatever it takes to keep this place interesting and free from attention seekers, (those who come for shock value.) Curse words are power words, a way getting somone elses attention, (I'm sure we all excercise our freedom of speech everyday to the point of no return, with as much colorful language as possible. But there are so many other ways to express yourself and keep others interested in the process. Less headaches and more music...

-Joseph, :), I think its safe to say that we go off the handle enough as it is everyday, I would just hate to see this place turn into a circus...
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 10
Willdridge
Willdridge
02/10/2001 7:51 am
So basically Carlo was mainly here to cause trouble. What is it do you think that makes people so different when they get behind a computer moniter? The knowledge they'll probably never see the people they're dissing? Must be. I follow the same tule fo thumb as Jake, I won't say anything here to you I wouldn't say to your face, with the exception of the ocassional "hehehehe"...It's really hard to do that successfully in person...

Joseph - I agree, most people here would go to get length to keep this place clean. Also most people probably do curse more than a trooper. Personally, I have no problem with people swearing, to a point, but I do understand the offence it can cause, which is why, I'm talking to people I don't really know too well, I'll leave the swear words until I really can't come up with another quite a accurate for the way I'm feeling. In the words of Raskolnikov:-
"if my occaisional cuss (or word it determinse to be offensive) gets turned into "*******" then that's OK with me."
# 11
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/11/2001 8:12 am
I think, as musicians, we all look for new and original ways to express ourselves. The usual string of four-letter cusswords doesn't make it.

When Carlo added my name to his list of 'arse bandits' I posted a simple thankyou, but I had a fine piece of peurile invective held in reserve. Its sad how such people bring out the worst in everyone; I was kinda disappointed that I didn't use it.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 12
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/11/2001 2:36 pm
Don't sweat it too much, I had a rather brilliant response to one of his feable, "ignernt" ramblings that outlined all of the weak points of everything he said, commented on the general futility of continuing to breath (and plenty of stuff intended to set him up for the beration I had in mind to the blitheringly stupid stupid reply(s) he wouldn't be able to resist posting). This all climaxed with a line about (more or less) how he wasn't fit to pick Tres Cool's pubes from his teeth (except with more adjectives and what not to make it more "poetic" or something).

Well, the whole string was deleted about 3 minutes after I made my post. Your's probably would have had suffered the same fate.

So anyway, I'm saving the "tres cool's pubes" line for the next time I run into some serious heckling. It's probably just as well for all of humanity that it was removed from the forum, for this sort of thing (though entertaining) really is pointless.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 13
Willdridge
Willdridge
02/11/2001 3:23 pm
It is weird how some people can wind you up so much that you want to come down to their level. I know often you get so annoyed that you just have to do it back - Which is what annoys me so much, that I let myself stope (?!) so low. Still, @$$holes will be @$$holes. (Sorry, couldn't come up with something else...)
# 14
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/11/2001 8:45 pm
Carlo has his own problems. What I found interesting was the way some of us, myself definitely included, took his flack as a challege to do some creative writing. You know, be as imaginatively nasty as possible, without getting your flames snuffed unfer a pile of ******'s.

A battle of witts with an unarmed opponent is not much of a contest, but I suspect we enjoyed the chance to 'show our stuff'.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 15
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/12/2001 1:27 am
AYE LADDIE!

Actually, it had been a very long time since somebody got under my skin, and it wasn't Carlo that did it. It was a couple of drunk idiots at an open mic who couldn't help mocking everybody with the balls to go up on stage... but before then it had been years. Unless you count some folks absolutely dedicated to defending their (as opinions go) moronic outlooks on life in Metallica chat. I really have to wonder why I keep going there... maybe it's that battle of the witts against the unarmed thing... I must get off on it or something.

Anyway, I don't put much thought into "stooping" or whatever- we're all people. I just try to hit them with things they can't think of anything to reply with other than explicatives. And then I point out that the only thing their illiterate ass can do is reply in explicatives. It's a vicious cycle, but it works.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 16

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.