can't come up with good exercises

Inisfail
Inisfail
05/10/2004 9:24 pm
Hello everyone

I don't know if this is something familiar to you guys, but later on I've found myself unable to make my own exercises for technique, speed etc. Instead I've only been searching on the net for allready written exercises and lessons.. It seems to me as I only repeat everything I remember, as if those exercises were more of ruling stuff rather than inspiration..

Does anyonelse recognize this problem? Maybe you could share your experience of dealing with it..

See you folks!
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
# 1
basics
basics
05/10/2004 11:58 pm
Yeah I've had that problem. What I ended up doing was keeping on playing what I had been keeping on playing. What else is there to do. Eventually something new will pop up. Try getting drunk, it's like rebooting a comp that's acting up.

It's been a while since I've been drunk. That's odd. ... If you keep on playing what you've been keeping on playing you'll only get better at it and eventually it'll form into something new.
# 2
Inisfail
Inisfail
05/11/2004 10:47 am
Originally Posted by: basicsYeah I've had that problem. What I ended up doing was keeping on playing what I had been keeping on playing... ... If you keep on playing what you've been keeping on playing you'll only get better at it and eventually it'll form into something new.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean.. Well, getting drunk havn't helped me the last few months, haha . And, even if I would come up with something new in my drunkenness, would I remember that?

Well, I believe the best I can do of the situation is to call a good guitarist who can give some lessons. I suppose another person can se my lacks in another view than I can.
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.