View post (I don't believe these guys!)

View thread

beginner
beginner
05/09/2004 10:03 am
Originally Posted by: educatedfilmmelt banana... now they are the daddies..

f-ck feeling, f-ck shredding... think punk speed up, then some more, then some more... It's really weird... I saw them live in november, and for live show, I've never see anything like it (it was actually quite incomprehensible at first)... I suppouse that's what hendrix must have seemed in the early days..
I really suggest you have a listen to melt banana, it's VERY weird, but is really satifying after a good few listens...
the bonus track on "teen shiny" is just the guitarist making bubble sounds with his guitar...

It reminds me a bit of the fall, but with the japanese obsesion with technical virtousity, and amusing gimmickary... I think all the musians are technically able, but the singer and the drummer really stand out in my mind... maybe becuase the drums were so prominant live, and the singer was looking like she was convulsing...

Seriously, whether you like punk or not (even though melt banana is somewhere between thrash and cartoon music), you should go and see melt banana live... the sodding problem is that the'r carrier varies a bit in it's inventiveness... but the guitarist really could floor tom morrello when it comes to whammy pedals/ sampling..
the thing that really made me smile though, was when they did like 8 songs in 2 minutes...

Yeah half a year ago I´ve seen them live too, in Innsbruck. It was really weird, very strange guitarists, but nevertheless I quite enjoyed their concert. The 8 songs you meant were called "**** you suzy" or something like that. That was really cool!!