helpful tricks and hints for Beginners

b_hoves
b_hoves
05/08/2004 9:15 am
There is always a beginner out there that would love some help getting started or with some particular things. I thought it would be good to start a thread (if the moderators can make this one of those sticky treads) where we as guitar tricks members give advice, tips, tricks and hints to the beginners out there.

• Talk and play with other musicians, get there inputs.

• Practice. Don’t think your favourite guitarist is born playing guitar like they do. Once you see how much they actually practice and play, it more than likely that you’ll think “No wonder he/she is so good”

• If you don’t have any theory training, look at getting into it, it gives you a ‘toolbox’ to work from.

# 1
Jamiephofe
Jamiephofe
05/08/2004 1:41 pm
Isn't that what this thread is for?
# 2
Jamiephofe
Jamiephofe
05/08/2004 4:27 pm
Not thread...I mean section of the forum...
# 3
b_hoves
b_hoves
05/09/2004 11:18 am
Yes, in essence, however I thought that we could set up a kind of data base of answers to questions that are commonly ask about. Some of the questions have come up a few times and the people posting them forget or don’t know about the search function. Thus, either the question gets answered or people on the forums think someone else will answer it, and the question may never get answered. Guitar tricks regulars are a good bunch of people, but I’m sure we sometimes all get a little tried of seeing similar questions. I’m just trying to make it a little easier for the people asking the questions, and the people answering them.

Looking back on the title and my first post I think maybe I gave the wrong impression. I want this to be an thread where we collect data on say, what people think are the best finger exercise, scales and ways to make solos sound like solos not just scales etc.

Now I know most if not all the questions asked could be answered in the host section of Guitar Tricks, but not everyone uses that section, and they may come straight to the forum trying to get an answer from someone.
# 4
gurajesse
gurajesse
05/09/2004 12:07 pm
the best way getting started is to learn the basic kords and then play som melodys so that he/she can comp them self wile singin a song.
and not try to play dificult solos in the beginig.
just play it :cool:
# 5
Jamiephofe
Jamiephofe
05/09/2004 4:47 pm
It sounds like a good idea, but if there was a section for beginners questions, the older posts would still be out of view, so the questions would be repeatedly asked as usual. People would either have to display all posts from the beginning of the section, or use the search option.

I want to start my own site eventually as I don't think there's 1 site on the net that coveres the sort of things I'd have wanted when I started the guitar.

That's too complicated an issue to go into, especially as no one would want to hear it :D

But yeah, the beginners section sounds like it's worth a try.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.