View post (Moral discussion)

View thread

Inisfail
Inisfail
05/02/2004 4:01 pm
Originally Posted by: ketsueki15Well its one less crazy mother fu***r on this planet..I see it like..He killed somebody (from what it sounds like it seems like he did it intentionally) why should he have the right to live? an Eye for Eye/Life for a life
..thats just my view on things (and please dont bring up that people are killed all the time Iraq..thats a completely diferent thing)

Well, I guess we have different opinions about the war on Iraq, but okey, let's put that aside. =D

An everyday answer on death penelties is: What if the guy acctually is innocent? Is there situations when you are completely shure that he isn't?

I don't think death penelties works in a democracy. I suggest that all countries in the world follows the canadian model in the treatment of prisoners. They have splended results. There should be several sites on the net where you can read about it.

But of course, treatment won't bring the dead back. I don't have any friend or so who have been killed and maybe I would have a different point of weiv then. I guess their will allways be poeple who will do things that are awfull. But we most work together to prevent such deeds, and I don't think thats impossible, but if we wan't to suceed we must have a great piece of patience and understand that aren't any fast solutions, not onto that problem nor on any problem in the whole world.
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?