Death style!!

Inisfail
Inisfail
04/23/2004 8:07 am
Hey!

Strange question, perhaps, but could anyone give me a good riff or lick where you get Death feeling, or perhaps Chuck(R.I.P.) feeling. I've been listening to them for some time (it begun when I bought the "Live in LA" video and I fell in love imideathly.

Death feels more like thrash than death metal, and I think it's difficult finding the right "feeling" when I play mostly thrash. Metallica and perhaps Anthrax isn't any problem, but Megadeth, Death, Exodus etc. gives me some difficulties.

So, please post some Death-feeling stuff, please!!!

Cya around, guys! It's weekend soon and I suppose I will be constantly drunk during the following 72 hours.
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
# 1
Death55
Death55
04/26/2004 3:06 pm
I know a really good site where they have loads of death tabs that are correct. Cant remember the site but i will post again later when i get home !
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 2
u10ajf
u10ajf
04/26/2004 3:42 pm
If you want some seriously heavy sounds try playing harmonic minor, diminished, harmonic major, hungarian major or bhairava scales etc. You could search for "Andrew Francis" to find my postings with these scales or you could use the GAFF fretboard mapper.

http://www.power-chord.com/gaff/mapper/

Tons of gain, screaming pinch harmonics, scooped mids. Palm muting wide tremolo arm vibratos. Sounding mega-heavy is great fun!
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 3
Inisfail
Inisfail
04/26/2004 7:03 pm
Originally Posted by: Death55I know a really good site where they have loads of death tabs that are correct. Cant remember the site but i will post again later when i get home ![/QUOTE]

Well, that's great man, but I'm a little bit scared of using tabs again. But I could have use of them anyway.. =D

Please post them Death55, thanx a lot!

[QUOTE=u10ajf]Tons of gain, screaming pinch harmonics, scooped mids. Palm muting wide tremolo arm vibratos. Sounding mega-heavy is great fun!

Great exercises! I didn't understand anything on the power-chord site, but I'll try.. =)

Thanx again!
# 4
Death55
Death55
04/28/2004 6:36 pm
http://www.emptywords.org/NEWS.htm

that should have the tabs there !
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 5
Inisfail
Inisfail
04/29/2004 2:57 pm
Yeah, seems to me as a good site.. Thank you!
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.