View post (Well, kingdavid, since you asked...)

View thread

Jimmi431
Jimmi431
05/12/2004 12:47 pm
Originally Posted by: guitarmanxxxx

I agree PRSplaya, Every time there is people starving to death we always end
up spending millions if not billions of dollars trying to keep just about every frickin country in the world from trouble,
Did you see just even one country
offer us physical or financial help after the WTC catastrophy

i did! England for one, sent over fire service with special equipment, other european countries also moved in to help bringing in speciaist equipment designed for use in earthquakes etc. the reason you didnt get financial help is because the USA does not need it in any shape or form. however yes, when 9/11 happened countries within Europe did come to the aid of USA.
And believe me USA does not help every country in the world, far from it. Aid agencies from america may help but the government only intervenes when there is a huge problem.

As to the reason as to the pictures were such a "big Deal" is because american troops had gone into Iraq to remove a torturing ba*tard of a dictator. unfortunatly when the pictures came out of the american abuse of iraqis it removed the notion that america was improving the country for the people living there. i know what did happen to the iraqi prisoners is not any where near the same level as what saddam was at, but it still casts a bad light over what the American forces are trying to do over there, which is to bring peace and remove oppression, torture etc.
As to whoever said that the pictures shoud have been kept underwraps they should realise that that would impinge on the freedom of the press to report on the war this would mean that the america government would be censoring what the press released therefore going against what the war in iraq is about i.e. freedom from oppression.
The sun is shining the weather is sweet