Languages

kingdavid
kingdavid
04/28/2004 3:44 pm
You are the eggman
Do you know how nice it would have been if I'd known you were visiting and then got to kook up with you?I'd love to meet in person some dude I've met on a guitar forum(and belive me folks,we're not strangers here,the physical notwithstanding.And I'm not being hooky).
Your Swa is not that bad,but what I wrote is essentially sheng(Swahili slang).I was trying to figure just how much you knew.
Ndogo means small.I'm saying it's a small world.
It's a nice surprise tho'
Next time you're in town,be the hell sure to let me know,and if you ever happen to be in Egypt,let Sly know.That's why people bother to tell where they're from,so if you happen to be in the neighbourhood,holler!!
# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
04/28/2004 8:17 pm
Originally Posted by: kingdavidThat's why people bother to tell where they're from,so if you happen to be in the neighbourhood,holler!!

Unfortunately, sometimes an internet serial killer gives you a holler in the neighborhood. With an axe.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
04/28/2004 9:57 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonUnfortunately, sometimes an internet serial killer gives you a holler in the neighborhood. With an axe.

But then, they realize that they've been sitting outside the wrong window for the past 3 days and need to log back on to the internet and lure their target back again...
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 3
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
04/28/2004 10:12 pm
Originally Posted by: kingdavidYou are the eggman
Do you know how nice it would have been if I'd known you were visiting and then got to kook up with you?I'd love to meet in person some dude I've met on a guitar forum(and belive me folks,we're not strangers here,the physical notwithstanding.And I'm not being hooky).
Your Swa is not that bad,but what I wrote is essentially sheng(Swahili slang).I was trying to figure just how much you knew.
Ndogo means small.I'm saying it's a small world.
It's a nice surprise tho'
Next time you're in town,be the hell sure to let me know,and if you ever happen to be in Egypt,let Sly know.That's why people bother to tell where they're from,so if you happen to be in the neighbourhood,holler!!

Yeah, I did think of it, but I was travelling with someone else and we also had a tight schedule.

We ended up seeing Nairobi, then Aberdares, Lake Nakuru, and we spent the last few days in Lamu Island, chillin' at the Donkey Sanctuary (I donated a few shillings).

Some crazy stuff happened that trip, like having our van blow a CV joint just outside Aberdares National Park (we never did actually go in the park, we camped just outside on the road for one night) where we slept in our van right in the middle of a elephant trail; getting totally sunburned on a dhow on the Pacific Ocean and wishing I would die (not an exaggeration, I actually did ponder it); nearly getting arrested by American embassy security staff for taking a picture of the one month old American embassy (the old one was blown up by Osama bin Laden); eating zebra, alligator, emu and gizzards at "Carnivore" in Nairobi; having "Ali Hippie" serve us a traditional Kenyan meal, along with an African flu which took us 3 months to recover fully from.

All in all, it was a complete blast. The friend I went with is a great travelling buddy, so we had fun even when bad stuff happened (like clanging a pot to scare away lions when we were stuck in the park - it's supposed to work).

If I had the chance to do it again, I would do so in a heartbeat. The only thing I would change is I would drink waaaaay more Orange Fanta. One a day was not enough.

Asante sana! Shikamoo mzee! Sawa sawa! TKK!

[/sarcasm]
# 4
Yngtchie Blacksteen
Yngtchie Blacksteen
04/28/2004 11:54 pm
I can speak Norwegian and English fluently, plus German, Swedish and Danish not so fluently...
# 5
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
04/29/2004 12:43 am
I can speak english fluently (even though my spelling is horrible on this forum
nihongo wa hanashimasu (I know enough japanese to get around )
and a little bit of spanish..Mainly the slang stuff...Ive always wanted to learn swedish but that doesnt seem to be a popular language in Alabama.. Its hard to find learning material lol
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 6
kingdavid
kingdavid
04/29/2004 4:36 pm
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggman...Asante sana! Shikamoo mzee! Sawa sawa! TKK!

:p :D

I can see you had a blast.But next time be careful with the elephants.They're nasty.
# 7
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
04/29/2004 7:30 pm
Originally Posted by: kingdavid:p :D

I can see you had a blast.But next time be careful with the elephants.They're nasty.

Yeah, that's what our two friends who are residents of Kenya told us. They were stuck with us in the van that was right in the middle of an elephant path. Apparently, they don't avoid obstacles (say, for example, a 1980 VW Combi Van), but they'll just plow right through whatever is in their way (even if people happen to be trying to sleep in a 1980 VW Combi Van). Which can lead to severe amounts of pain, I can imagine.

[/sarcasm]
# 8
kingdavid
kingdavid
04/30/2004 4:05 pm
By the way,did you know you can't outrun an elephant.As huge as it is,and as slow as you'd expect it to be,it's faster than humans.I think if ever chased by one,the best thing to do is go for a very steep cliff,where you can hang on,and hope the jumbo rolls over.and if there are no cliffs,oops!
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.