View post (That amazing sound...)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
02/08/2001 3:39 am
Every once in a while you hear a song with an intro that grab you by the throat from the very first vibration of your speaker cone. These hooks don't necessarily have to be guitar-generated. The cowboy thwonks at the beginning of "Mississippi Queen" by Mountan are enoyugh to get your attention, and sometimes a simple drum groove can be a devastating hook, as in the primal beat at the beginning of "We Will Rock you" by Queen..Its all about the feeling that we get the first time we hear one of our favorite songs, not necessarily the feeling of shock, but the inspiration we recieve to go beyond the limit to reach our own form of satisfaction (with our own personal recordings).

There are so many great songs that come to mind, but the first Time I heard "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin, it just blew me away, everything fit together rather nicely. That powerful bluesy rockish sound was more than I could ask for at the time, its just one of those songs that I'll never forget. I felt prone to teach my myself the volin as a result, wow.

-Joseph, :).
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."