View post (lyrics)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/01/2004 10:21 pm
Gimmick (gim-ick) 1. an ingenious scheme or device 2. a hidden feature. It says nothing about being real or not. I believe when things are fake it's fictional. Brutal murder is just as real as things in all sorts of other genres. Ed Gein, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer and Jack the Ripper to name a few. Granted they weren't the same style as the apparent one song you've seen lyrics from, but cannibalism, brutal raping and murder is just as real, it's just not as pleasant. Song topics (a poor childhood as we've talked about) can be delivered through any genre. I could make a punk song about cutting open someone's guts and taking it to a more perverse level. You can cry in any genre you want, it'd just be a lot more interesting because it's not nearly as common, so you can cry, kill, be happy, and so forth in any style you choose. And sorry to say, but your opinion doesn't apply to what the thugs do as they very well talk about smoking joints and blasting guns at unfriendly gangs and so forth. I'm not saying all of them do, just that there are several that do. If I'm guilty I'm guilty, if I'm not I'm not, it just doesn't change the fact that it's the same through out, just on certain aspects. I just think it that if one is called out on it, then all should be called out on it, determining guilt from innocence is a whole different ball game.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.