View post (lyrics)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/24/2004 3:47 am
you have all basically proven me correct when I say that lyrics are the most over rated and under rated part of a song. In the sense that it's got the drive of the song and that it lacks value in creating a song. Lyrics do take knowledge and skill to write well. A better written lyric portrays more feeling and emotion than a blunt ****ty lyric. It lets the mind do some thinking while still having a grasp on the song as a whole. It can even allow someone else to feel what the band is feeling. To deny value in lyrics is like saying we all might as well be mute because we can feel and understand what anyone else is saying and there's nothing worth hearing from someone else's words. Of course saying they have the whole meaning in a song would be like saying we might as well bail on the music and just sit in dark clubs like beatnicks snapping our fingers when someone says something stupid and confuses it with something creative.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.