whats a good cab to go with the peavy xxl and is this a good price

TheTrooper
TheTrooper
04/11/2004 3:43 am
hey I want to get the peavy xxl because its cheap and sounds good to me. I played it through a 5150 cab and I was wondering if I should get the 5150 cab instead of the xxl cab. I want to play a 5150 head but the local shop didnt have any in stock. The guy told me the lowest he would go for an out the door price was $1080 with the 5150 cab. Do you guys think this is a fair price, the shop is kind of sleezy, do you thik guitar center would give me a better deal. If you know of any other cabs that would sound better or any cheaper cabs let me know.
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
04/11/2004 7:47 pm
The price sounds about right, but that's still a large pile of coin. You want to be very sure you're getting the gear you want before you part with your money. No one here can tell you what will sound best to your ears, so go try out some other combinations.

You don't sound very confident in the shop, and that's a good reason to go elsewhere. When you're sweating out a GAS attack (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) you gotta try to remember to deal with shops you can trust to take good care of you [u]after[/u] they have your money.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.