Miracle Pickups?

IbanezmutESP
IbanezmutESP
03/31/2004 6:33 pm
Ok, one of my guitars is a fender squier, the most basic guitar you could ever get, was second guitar ive ever got. Never really thought of upgrading on it but what the hell, maybe i can get some pickups to give that guitar the sound it needs. Im not sure on single coil pickups, ive only dealt with humbuckers and what not, so any suggestions please? I play metal, but am into soloing.
=mut=
# 1
crazyguy
crazyguy
03/31/2004 7:06 pm
Check out DiMarzio, Seymour Duncan, Kent Armstrong, and alike. They are all on the net and offer lots of pickups that might suit you. Dont go EMG unless its your recording guitar. Consider ceramic pickups, they are loud and silent too, but also very agressive.
Impendance is fruitfull
while the buttons are circled.:eek:
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
03/31/2004 10:41 pm
I think it would make more sense to save up more $$ and get a better guitar, because the pickups are going to cost about as much as the squire probably did and they're not going to be worth putting in a squire.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3
TheDirt
TheDirt
04/01/2004 9:30 pm
I suggest learning how to sound good while playing a Fender Squire, and all the while saving up money. Save up about a grand then buy a really nice guitar. It's better to just save a go up to high quality than improve, improve, improve upon the Squire. It will cost you more in the long run to make lots of improvements to a cheap guitar, than to start with a quality one.

It's kind of like a television. If you had never tried one, you might by a 10 inch black and white. You could then buy a screen to put on it to improve contrast, as well as an antennae... then you might go out and buy a 12 inch black and white. Later you want to get color, so you buy a 12 inch color, then you want bigger, so you get a 14 inch color... why not, when you decide that you like television, just take the patience to save up and buy a nice 60 inch plasma TV? It's cheaper than constantly upgrading and better than any improvement you can do to a regular TV. That was a pretty dumb analogy (I love analogies) but you get my point.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.