View post (make it die)

View thread

basics
basics
03/24/2004 12:43 pm
Originally posted by Inisfail
"I'm a bassguitar player. That means that I will make some sacrifices. Such as a good education etc. But I will have time for my playing and practice, because that what's makes me feel good. And that's what's really important in life"

That's an excellent quote. All my life I've been forced down a certain path, education-wise, by my teacher and lawyer parents other than where my main passion lie, music. Been going on a long time, power struggle for my future. Initially they got me on music, both being musicians themselves but when I hit the guitar and Hendrix there goes the support. 11 years later, same issues going on, leading a double life kind of thing. Just yesterday in fact, after I woke up from a huge drinking binge and wrote them an email saying I'm dropping out of comp. science, going to work for the summer and take music next fall. 24 and still in school fighting these battles, seems lame but then the forces that control you often can't be shaken easily, in my experience. And I did. Yesterday I dropped out of school, finally, to take up something of my own, my own beliefs and something that I've been working on since I've hit puberty. In reality, all this wasted education doesn't really matter, as I was practicing all this time.