View post (Compression)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
03/22/2004 9:26 am
i refrain from using a comp on my guitarsound. i discovered, that it is sooo much more versatile to have just your amp, your guitar and maybe one or two other effects like a wah or sumething like that. why? simple - when you crank up your amp it´ll be loud enuff for everyone to hear. and now comes the vital difference - DYNAMICS!. your playing wil sound SOOO much more interresting when you can 'form' your tone. when you play softer, it sounds different, when you turn your volume knob down it sounds different, when you use your fingers instead of your pick it sounds different. with a muliteffectunit every guitar sounds pretty much the same and there is very little you can do to truly express yourself during a solo. i used to go over a Boss ME50, which is great, but now i´m just using my new amp and i´ve found the perfect tone (to me). imagine jeff beck having a compressed highly distorted sound. he wouldnt be able to sound anywhere near the way he does.

and that doesnt mean you cannot play metal with a sound like that - infact you can play metal very well with it.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]