View post (sweeps and timing)

View thread

TheWizard
TheWizard
03/16/2004 11:40 pm
Originally posted by sambob
Why EVER put your metronome that fast?

And you SHOULD care about little things like... you know, music. I've gotten plenty of gigs, over more qualified guitarists, simply because I can read music so well, and I know so much about it. The bands may not get the flashiest, craziest guitar playing.. but they're not going to have to waste hours of time trying to explain simple concepts to someone.

Ok I write 90% of the music in my band, and I completely understand key signatures and all of that stuff, and Ive never had to have someone waste hours trying to explain to me something

in my experience there's either people who know a ****load about music, but cant play and there's people who can play but dont know much about what they are doing, there are very little who do both, again this is in my experience

I fall under the second category and I could care less about knowing what minor dictations and what a augmented Gm add 7 minus 11 chord is

my band just finished a prety cool song, Ill post it up soon and give you an idea of what my playing is like
Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...