Spain, Madrid

chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
03/12/2004 3:51 pm
Probably the 2nd worst terrorist attack carried out by the suspected Al-Quida (sp?) network occurred yesterday in Madrid, Spain, and I'm shocked to hear how few people I've talked to even new anything about it.
# 1
SPL
SPL
03/12/2004 5:00 pm
I was almost in tears when I heard about it... :(
# 2
sambob
sambob
03/12/2004 5:12 pm
Why the hell should I care? It didn't happen in the US.

Spain is such an insignificant country.
# 3
chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
03/12/2004 5:55 pm
Unfortunately, it seems that many people share your view. The truth is they were attacked for allying with the U.S. and Britian.
# 4
SPL
SPL
03/12/2004 5:58 pm
Originally posted by sambob
Why the hell should I care? It didn't happen in the US.

Spain is such an insignificant country.

And Americans wonder why the rest of the world hate them so much... :rolleyes:
# 5
Tank_Simmons
Tank_Simmons
03/12/2004 6:14 pm
Almost 200 people died in this tragedy and you don't care? Who gives a **** where it happened....human life is still human life, precious and irreplaceable.

Spain is our ally and supporter of the war on terror. An attack on them is an attack on us.....the terrorists attacked freedom itself. Terrorists hate democracies, thriving economies and individual freedoms...and that was what was attacked. To not care about Spain and the loss of human life is downright idiotic and sick.
Knock, knock
Who's there?
Ted Bundy
Ted Bundy who?
Let me in, meat
No!!!!
I mean....Hi, it's Santa Claus
Yay!....Santa!
# 6
sambob
sambob
03/12/2004 8:35 pm
I guess no one gets it.
# 7
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
03/12/2004 10:10 pm
obviously no one got it...not everyone is as cold hearted as others...(no names mentioned)
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 8
sambob
sambob
03/12/2004 10:17 pm
I was poking fun at how most people assume Americans are.

True, I am very cold hearted. But do you surely think that I have that attitude of "If they're not Americans they don't matter"?

Many people DON'T share that view, its just that most US news services don't cover anything that doesn't directly concern the US.

In my newspaper, that particular terrorist attack was a blurb on the bottom of the front page. The headline in my newspaper was an article about one of the grocery stores around here being sold.

If people outside of America are stupid enough to believe that most Americans think that way, then maybe Americans SHOULD have that kind of attitude.
# 9
SPL
SPL
03/12/2004 10:25 pm
sambob, maybe you should realize that sarcasm does not translate into written language before you write stuff like that... Especially people whose first language is not English tend to take things like that very seriously. Please keep that in mind before you assume that people from outside the U.S. are stupid for not seeing the "humor" in your writing.
# 10
TheWizard
TheWizard
03/12/2004 11:12 pm
It is rather true, this country is full of retards

this attack will be on the news once, meanwhile I still hear about how britney spears got married 3 months ago, how jennifer and ben broke up etc. etc. bull**** like that is all 80% of this country cares about, not the problems outside of the country that we are sometime indirectly responsible for
Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...
# 11
sambob
sambob
03/13/2004 12:27 am
SPL, my post wasn't directed at you, not at all.

Perhaps other people are sick of Americans not caring... well, most Americans are sick of people bitching about things we have no control of.
# 12
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
03/13/2004 7:38 am
Sam, I understood you right away, but then again I sort of know you from all the times we've chatted in the chat room.

I'm an American and I'm very angry about what happened in Spain. Massive indescriminate killings are about the most sissified way to get your point across that I can think of. I'd like to catch some of these pussies and force them to suffer more than they could possibly imagine. I know this would bring me down to their level or possibly further, but I don't care. Large scale terrorist attacks like these represent an alarming trend for the world to deal with. I couldn't imagine believing in something so fervently and with such conviction that I'd have to indiscriminately kill to get my point across. To borrow a line from PonyOne, If I believed in hell I'd like to see these sick ****s sent there.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 13
basics
basics
03/13/2004 1:19 pm
My two cents: It's war. It's too bad but that's life. I don't care either way. I had to look it up because I hadn't heard about it. I don't tune into any kind of media whatsoever. I just found out yesterday that Jean Christian wasn't the prime minister anymore, 2 months ago! lol. If something like that were to happen in T.O. say, and kill my brother, I'd mourn of course, pledge vengence, and ... start living my life the way I want to instead of how the main forces in my life intend. That really didn't prove any point.

You americans, I wouldn't worry about it either. This is your governments problem, not yours. As it should be with every other other country.
# 14
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/13/2004 7:42 pm
I guess the words democracy and accountability don't really mean very much to you !

Maybe they will if you have children and / or loved ones or even plan on taking on any responsibility at any time in your life.

As for it being some one else's problem, well if some one flies a plain into your wife, child, etc it becomes your problem all by its self, really quickly!

As for picking up the pieces and getting on with it, well that is an admirable statement however, do you not think that it may be better to try and nip the problem in the bud rather than glibly announce to the world that it is "not my problem" or "not my country". These statements will not protect you !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 15
guitarmanxxxx
guitarmanxxxx
03/13/2004 9:10 pm
" OUR " World has fallen apart, and only getting worse by the
day.:(
Terrorism has reached every corner of the earth, and its a
matter of time before it reaches every corner of every city.
Maybe not in our life time, but the way it is going I would
not be surprised if it was. How do you stop a fu**ing idiot
willing to die ? Answer= You Cant.
You can catch Bin Laden, Saddam, and all the other leaders of terrorism, but there is always some other sick minded sonofabitch
waiting in line to take his/or her place. Sad, but true. Mark
guitarmanxxxx
# 16
TheWizard
TheWizard
03/13/2004 11:54 pm
Originally posted by basics
My two cents: It's war. It's too bad but that's life. I don't care either way. I had to look it up because I hadn't heard about it. I don't tune into any kind of media whatsoever. I just found out yesterday that Jean Christian wasn't the prime minister anymore, 2 months ago! lol. If something like that were to happen in T.O. say, and kill my brother, I'd mourn of course, pledge vengence, and ... start living my life the way I want to instead of how the main forces in my life intend. That really didn't prove any point.

You americans, I wouldn't worry about it either. This is your governments problem, not yours. As it should be with every other other country.

see thats a retarded thing to say... yes you can't let these almost daily attacks ruin your life, but thats just disrespectful in my opinion to say "I don't care"

and it's not like people dying in these attacks are government officials so I wouldn't call it the governments problem
Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...
# 17
basics
basics
03/14/2004 3:15 am
Man, I don't care. Sue me. Happens everyday, countless times, just this time blown out of proportions because that's what the goddamn government wants you to think. People die, scores of them, unjustified except for when your goddamn enemy happens to nail 200 of them, your government needs to let their people know that they're doing the right thing. Ask me if I believe in propaganda. I do. Boo hoo. Go get your enemy.

... On a lighter note, I don't believe in any causes having to do with ones country. It's just stupid. People are going to scream and yell at me I'm sure for being unattached to things in which they consider important, but so be it. Just a personal opinion, just like your own. I'm not going to appologize but I'm not going to try to shove it down your throat either.

If I were American I'd have the same opinions too i'm sure. ....untouchable by the media and therefore still my own.
# 18
chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
03/15/2004 2:52 am
I feel what's happening in Isreal is a little different then the events that took place in Madrid and Bali. In Isreal you have fighting going on within the country over territory, the people expect and are prepared (as best that can be, I assume) for these events.

What happened in Madrid, Bali, and N.Y. is well planned out mass murder committed by people from a foriegn land who are not willing to share the planet with people who do not share in there cultural beliefs.
# 19
Yngtchie Blacksteen
Yngtchie Blacksteen
03/15/2004 2:55 am
Shit happens.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.