New Vitalij Kuprij album out!

sambob
sambob
03/10/2004 8:32 pm
I don't think I've seen Vitalij Kuprij mentioned here in the last few months, not even once (except by myself), so heres my plug for him:

Vitalij Kuprij plays what might be called 'shred keyboards'. He's played with pretty much every neoclassical/shred guitarist you can think of. On his solo albums he's done lots of work with Greg Howe (yes, he does neoclassical too!), George Bellas (also with Ring Of Fire for a while), and on his newest album.. everyone from Michael Romeo to Michael Harris.

Anyway, he DOES have a new album out. Its called Forward And Beyond. Like many albums in the genre, it suffers from slightly bad production, and in this case... the drums (drum machine more likely), aren't very pleasing to the ears. But its got some great songs on it, and although theres less guitar on it than on previous Kuprij albums, its still got quite a bit of good guitar work.

Even if you're not interested in keyboards, you can learn a lot from playing things written for the keyboard, on your guitar. Kuprij plays a very expressive style of keyboards, mixing synths and samples so they don't sound so cheesy as they might if he just used say.. a sawtooth synth.

www.vitalijkuprij.com

Heres an in depth review of it:
http://www.metalexpress.no/showreviews.asp?id=550

I'm sure many of you are already familiar with him, but if you aren't, now is a great time to check this guy out.
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.