This months Guitar Player

sambob
sambob
03/09/2004 1:45 am
I was JUST about to cancel my subscription to Guitar Player (had the thing almost 10 years now), but this months issue has stopped me.

Interesting lessons by Steve Morse (god), Rusty Cooley (...also god), and Pat Martino (would probably kick gods ass if you gave him a few minutes to prepare something suitable for it). Also last month had some interesting stuff by Steve Morse, Rusty Cooley, and also (I find this damn cool, because she's so awesome), Kaki King.

Steve Morse does his usual strict alternate picking adjacent string/string skipping kind of licks, while Rusty Cooley so far has mainly been doing Shawn Lane type speed licks. Very cool stuff.

But these two guys aren't really why I'm posting this, its the Pat Martino article. A lot of people here I'm sure aren't really familiar with his guitar playing, but you don't really have to be. Just get the magazine, its a great article. It covers some of his basic ideas as to how the guitar should be played, as well as a little work on scales, and some excellent chord inversions, harmonizations.. etc etc etc. Especially if you're a beginner guitarist looking to get into something that a lot of people aren't into, i recommend you take a look at this article.
# 1
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
03/09/2004 6:25 am
Pat Martino was also in a recent Vintage Guitar mag. issue.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 2
chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
03/11/2004 12:06 am
Nice to see someone else here reads Vintage guitar, good magazine.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.