View post (now THATS unbelievable!)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
03/11/2004 3:35 am
I don't know where anyone got the brain implant that told them that classical musicians today don't compose music. They only play other peoples music. That's one heck of a stereotype, and terribly wrong. Go search midiworld for 20th century composers and artists. And classical musicians were bad improvisers?? You should read up on Beethoven's lifestory. When he got to play for Mozart, he played a well-known piece and Mozart was impressed. Then Beethoven improvised, Mozart immediately left the room to go tell his guest that the "this child will give the world something to talk about". Even later Beethoven would challenge the great virtuosos of europe to improv. contest, where he would run them out of town. No one since has been as good at improvising as Beethoven, and he was a classical musician. Being able to improvise, compose, or whatever you do musically has more to do with the individual and what there goals are, not if your a classical musician. Well you all of a sudden can't improv. or write your own music.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.