Steve Vai's 30 hour workout!

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
03/10/2004 9:19 am
as for the professionals in classical ensembles - they do practice for about 6-8 hours a day, but thats not because their routine is so inefficient - its simply because most of those pieces are extremely long and extremely difficult to master. so they lock themselves like 3 - 5 months in a padded room before they go out and perform the pieces. then, after having performed a certain programm for like half a year live, they lock themselves again in that room with the next set of pieces.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 1
Death55
Death55
03/10/2004 9:38 am
classical stuff is so hard. I learnt a piece a while ago and i took me ages to learn it.
I practice a lot but i never know what to practice. If you know what to practice its ok. I think even if you dont really know what to practice you will still improve. You might not be able to write amazing songs and understand theory better but you should start to be able to improvise and start using more techniques by finding them out by messing around.
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 2
basics
basics
03/10/2004 12:18 pm
Man, any time spent on your guitar is benificial, whether beginner or pro. It's just after a while you recognize which direction you want to take and what it's going to take to get there. It's like anything else - you can't dive into some specific field without knowing the basics first. A brain sergeon couldn't be one without a doctorate per se, or knowing what a regular doctor knows. Once your playing gets to that next level of specification, that's when your practice time gets organized and you start to get recognized for your dedication to your art. In my opinion.

Learning the ground techniques takes a while, considering, and is where many potential future grasshoppers get lost in the mud. I just woke up.

... I didn't really read what you wrote, and you're right. Any time spent on the guitar is going to help you improve. And I mean any time. 99% persperation, %1 inspiration or whatever that is.
# 3
sambob
sambob
03/10/2004 8:36 pm
I think it was Buddy Rich who basically said somethign to the effect of "If you want to practice practice, even if its only for a few minutes. When you're done, go play some stick ball, or mug somebody. Go pick up the sticks when you want to."

Of course, he's talking about drumming. But the same idea applies to guitar.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.