View post (Nice sales pitch!)

View thread

LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/07/2001 12:29 am
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
Hey, you can't slam Peavey too hard- their Ciruss Basses beat up on about anything not made by Carl Thompson fairly effectively. And they're (relatively) unexpensive.

*I've owned my share of Peavey Amps and even owned a T-60 back in '76.....It was just that once I dee-scovered tube amps (Albiet my Valvestates are "only" pre-amp tubed), I never looked back.....I play heavy distortion most of the time and the peavey stuff was ALWAYS VERY reliable, but most of the time I was playing at low volumes for practicing....Once I got up on stage and needed the output, the solid-state stuff was just plain garbage and the tone was....well....tinny....PLEASE NOTE: It is NOT my objective to put ANYBODY'S stuff down or act like I'm ALL THAT.....I'm just a regular guy who cranx the tube stuff :D....My suggestion to future stage rockers: WORK HARD, SAVE MONEY and buy the stuff that will last you...Do it piece by piece if you have to....Dreaming and realizing/achieving goals enhances self-worth and instills a sense of pride...This will carry with you for the rest of your life :) ROCK ON !!!!! :D:D:D
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D