Question About Yngwie's Songs

TheDirt
TheDirt
02/29/2004 8:02 am
Hey everyone. I'm wanting to learn some Yngwie, and I'd like to know what you guys think are some easier songs of his to start out with. They all seem pretty damn fast to me! Thanks.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 1
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
02/29/2004 8:51 am
Icarus' Dream Suite

imo his best. most melodic and structured. beautiful piece and most of it isn't terribly hard
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 2
Yngtchie Blacksteen
Yngtchie Blacksteen
02/29/2004 9:48 am
Try "Farewell" from Rising Force, it's a nice acoustic piece.
# 3
sambob
sambob
02/29/2004 2:15 pm
Black Star
I'll See The Light Tonight
Dreaming (give it a chance, I know its slow, but its got somes good guitar in it)
Rising Force
Demon Driver

Also, if you want another non-stop guitar song, Krakatau is very good. Its also the song that Joe Stump has based his entire career on ;)

# 4
Jamiephofe
Jamiephofe
02/29/2004 4:34 pm
Well im learning "Far Beyond The Sun" at the minute, not so slow. "I am a viking" is pretty easy apart from the solo, shame about the stupid lyrics :P

I think "Bedroom Eyes" is pretty damn easy too, depends what albums you have though I guess.

- J
# 5
TheDirt
TheDirt
02/29/2004 8:09 pm
Black Star -- I don't really like this song all that much.

I'll See The Light Tonight -- I tried an excerpt from this, and I can hit the interlude pretty well, but once it got to the real solo, I got lost.

Dreaming (give it a chance, I know its slow, but its got somes good guitar in it) -- Hey I love that song! I was working on it's solo last night actually.

Rising Force -- I worked on the interlude to this in the past.

Far Beyond The Sun -- I learned most of this song a while back.

Thanks for the suggestions. Oh, speaking of Icarus Dream Suite... That's of the Concerto album. There are very few tabs from this album available that I've found. What's up with that? I'd like to learn a couple songs off of it, but don't really have the patience to transcribe the maniac... ah well, I gotta run. Currently working on Fantasie Impromptu by Chopin for the piano (did I mention I play piano too?) :P
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 6
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
02/29/2004 8:52 pm
icarus' dream sweet is form the Rising Force album and there are tabs all over the net

the one from teh concerto suite is Icarus' Dream Fanfare
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 7
Jamiephofe
Jamiephofe
02/29/2004 11:28 pm
I never use tabs from the net anymore, especially for the faster/more technical stuff like Yngwie/Vai etc. They never seem to be completely correct or finished, it's ok if you can transcribe that sort of stuff I guess, must take a long time though.

- J
# 8
Tank_Simmons
Tank_Simmons
03/05/2004 7:15 pm
I also recommend "Farewell" from Rising Force.....best album...best song....and it ain't that hard to play really.
Knock, knock
Who's there?
Ted Bundy
Ted Bundy who?
Let me in, meat
No!!!!
I mean....Hi, it's Santa Claus
Yay!....Santa!
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.