Finally recorded the XXX

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/27/2004 12:57 am
I finally recorded my peavey XXX head tonight. it was nothing spectacular, just an SM57 about 3-4" back from one of the speaker cones and to the left about an inch from center and angled towards the cone. I didn't have much time to adjust the mic placement, so I'm sure I could have gotten better results, especially if I had a mic preamp instead of going straight into my computer. but anyway, after cutting some of the low end rumble with some eqing, the overall sound actually surprised the crap out of me. I would post a little of it if I had a way to, but I don't so you'll just have to take my word for it. Doing this gave me much much better results, as far as high gain goes, than my podxt. Now I just need a place towhere I can actually get those 120 watts cranked. turned up 1/2 to 3/4 of the way makes my whole house shake, not to mention what my neighbors think.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
Death55
Death55
03/10/2004 9:42 am
Upload it onto song ramp. Thats the easiest way.
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
03/10/2004 9:20 pm
I just got on with soundclick, so as soon as I have a chance to upload a few things I'll post a clip

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
03/19/2004 4:07 pm
Got a whole new set of tubes for the XXX now, so as soon as I can get the power tubes biased, I'll make some new recordings and post them.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.