View post (Soloing by humming or trying?)

View thread

beginner
beginner
02/27/2004 2:17 pm
No, when I read through the listening techniques, there were some essential words I didn´t understand, and I had no dictionary by me.
And yeah right, the notes begin to sound unique, but often I have to listen deeply to hear that uniqueness. For example the low F sounds kind of warm and soft to me, but the E sounds very cold and hard, is in a bad mood, and kind of refuses. But that´s just I perceive it.

So here is how I´m doing Ear Training, say, if I should change something). At first I do 20 minutes of Ear Tune(I also tried to think of colours lately relative to this picture on Prolobe.com; But only think of these notes, where I feel the colour fits)And now I will also use my own guitar to that exercises, and maybe some other instruments.
Unfortunately I can´t work on EarMaster anymore, because it´s a demo.
So otherwise, later in the day, I listen deeply to this jazzy chords of a Book my teacher copied me.

If I work on with Ear tuner, include my own guitar, and do this with these chords, which would be all together about 30- 40 minutes, is this enough, or should I add some other exercises.

Last question: To learn how to learn a solo or a song by ear: Is it enough if I work on with Eartune?