Voltage, y'all.

Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/25/2004 3:23 am
Would a less powerful humbucker like ~210mV work as a neck pickup with something hotter like around 325mV in the bridge, or would that be poorly balanced? I know putting a 210mV neck pickup with a 270mV pickup can work well, but I'm not sure what I can get away with past that.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 1
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/25/2004 7:25 pm
BTW , Zakk Wylde has a the higher output pickup in the neck position ... Anyway , you can always balance the volume by adjusting the pickup height.
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/25/2004 8:30 pm
That kinda defeats the purpose of having a higher output pickup instead of a matched set, unless I'm confused right now. Which is entirely possible because for the past three days I haven't even known what day it was. Well, I knew most of tuesday because I had work but I thought it was monday as soon as I got back to my dorm. Oops.

If I didn't need the guitar to be able to do decent acoustic sim I would definitely have a more powerful neck pickup. So I guess if I ever get a second guitar I'll be like Zakk.

Which reminds me, I missed a public live chat with him yesterday because I was thinking it was the wrong day.

I need sleep.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.