VOX AUUUUGGH!!!

spanky10940
spanky10940
02/20/2004 5:17 pm
Hey everyone - quick one today...

I bought the VOX AD60VT just before christmas and wanted to see if anyone else has had any experience with them or this particular amp...

Here's the reason. It's about 2 months old now and I do LOVE the sounds that you can get out of it but I have a SERIOUS complaint about how this little mutha was built. All said and done I paid $600 us for it.. so far:

1. the gold trim is pulling up
2. the "leatherette" black cover has 3-4 small tears in it and is pulling up by the back control panel
3. I've had to tighten the screws on this thing 2 times so far

I'm pretty new to this and this is my first brand new amp.. so I'm not sure just what to expect.. .is it common to have to tighten screws on an amp? We do play pretty loudly and the amp has plenty of bass.....

thanks for any input

Mark
"The one truly great thing about this life is that noone can sincerely and truly help someone, without helping themselves"

Ralph Waldo Emerson
# 1
spanky10940
spanky10940
02/25/2004 3:37 pm
So I'm guessing with the lack of replys that nobody has a VOX?

it's cool - they actually contacted me from information that I posted when I registered the amp.. so I did get some recognition of the situation but it's "news" to them that the amp is doing this stuff....

Just figured I'd give an update for anyone who cares... =)
"The one truly great thing about this life is that noone can sincerely and truly help someone, without helping themselves"

Ralph Waldo Emerson
# 2
spanky10940
spanky10940
02/25/2004 5:28 pm
nope - this thing is brand spankin new... I think it's made from pressboard tho (not sure if that affects the sound)

I do agree with you.. I love the sounds I can get but I'm not happy that I've gotta tighten the freakin thing up each time I play.. It's not like I play loudly either.. I'm pretty careful with it too... maybe I just got a lemon.. I dunno...

thanks for the feedback tho!

Ralph Waldo Emerson
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.