Opeth Live

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/18/2004 7:52 pm
Best show I've ever seen. The more I think of it the better it was. Not like a lot of metal shows, they were more about jamming and making the atmosphere good and not so much about running every where and headbanging until they break in half. Moonspell and devil driver were really good for the opening acts, both played an hour set, then Opeth came and played for 2 hours. Playing songs such as deliverance, the masters apprentice, the moor, april ethereal, demon of the fall, in my time of need, windowpane, the drapery falls and blackwater park. It was quite possibly the most amazing thing I've ever seen. It was even cooler cause between songs akerfeldt talked to us like we were all the same, not like other bands that occasionally say what's up then go song after song until the shows over. Opeth really showed the appreciation. Short guys too. Great show, I recommend it if you've got the chance.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
Inisfail
Inisfail
02/19/2004 1:39 pm
I saw their tour in nowember (I think) and it was just great! As you said "Cryptic Excretions", Mikael Åkerfeldt really makes you feel comfortable when he speaks between the songs. Not the common crap-shouts like: "Are you drunk yet?!"

Another thing is that they don't have this extrem image, as many death/black bands has. They don't walk around in chainmails and put on make up so they look like corps (I'm not against make-up otherwise, it's awesome, but not in that case). They still has there feet on the ground and it feels like they are very mature, as band and as artists.

More Opeth!!!

Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/20/2004 7:51 pm
Truer words couldn't have been spoken. What songs did they play on the tour you saw? Just curious.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/20/2004 7:53 pm
4 hours is pretty long for a concert.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 4
signsofchaos
signsofchaos
02/22/2004 10:34 am
Opeth ruled live. They're so into the music..they're like the Pink Floyd of metal. I hated Devildriver though. Sounded kinda nu.
I swear to Drunk i'm not god.
# 5
Marauder
Marauder
02/22/2004 11:47 pm
this topic makes me very sad as I was supposed to see that show with moonspell and devil driver but couldn't go......
AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
# 6
Inisfail
Inisfail
02/23/2004 8:51 am
Deliverance, Master's Apprentices, Windowpane, Demon of the fall, Credence and much more.. I don't remember all of them. I was so fascinated just seeing them that afterwards I almost didn't remember anything.. Took me almost a week to recover my memory.

They will come to at least Sweden Rock Festival this year and this time I won't be standing in the front, headbanging, but more backwards to enjoy them.. Can't wait to see them..

Have you guys seen the DVD? Great stuff! First I was a little bit mad because of the angels and camera positions, but the more I see it, the more I just think it's cooler and cooler.
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.