Solo Pedal....Settings

IbanezmutESP
IbanezmutESP
02/18/2004 2:33 am
I have a danelectro Fuzz pedal and DOD Death Metal pedal which till now have done their job. I've been progressively been getting more into soloing and the pedal comes nowhere near giving me what i want for that nice solo sound. I was wondeirng if i should go with the tubescreamer? Or any suggestions? Also, Settings on it. I haven't been happy with my settings. On my crate cab i have it at Bass - 6 Mid -4 and Highs - 9. I play an Ibanez with dumbuckers and an ESP m-100 but can't get a nice sound. I want that nice rhandy rhodes, Iron maiden old classic metal sound. Any suggestions?
=mut=
# 1
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/18/2004 1:31 pm
Most of that tone comes from the distortion on the amp. Randy Rhoads used a marshall stack and used the pedal to clean boost the sound. This means to have the drive on the amp turned up, but the gain on the pedal turned down, so it doesn't add any distortion.

So if you don't have a great amp, I really can't help ya that much. I'm sure there is a way to get a great tone out of just pedals, but I don't know it.

Good luck man!
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 2
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
02/18/2004 9:48 pm
Buy an EQ, boost the bass and cut the mids.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.