hardest song in the world!

RushYYZ
RushYYZ
02/08/2004 5:16 pm
Ive been playing guitar for a little while but am considered really goood among my peers and im not sure what to play anymore because everything ive been looking at hasnt been to challenging Im just wondering if theres a song I havnt heard or seen thats really hard
A man dies and goes to heaven and can only bring 1 possesion he decides to bring his guitar. While entering the gates he is stopped and is told he cannot bring a guitar into heaven. The Man being very confused tries thinking of a way to get it in, then hears a loud chorus being played on guitar behind the gates. The man claims "That man has a guitar why cant I?!?!?" the gate keeper says "Oh thats just god and he likes to pretend hes steve vai"
# 1
I Suffer
I Suffer
02/08/2004 5:25 pm
I guess it depends on what your weakest skill is.

Back in the day it took me a bit of time to totally learn
"Fatal Tragedy" by Dream theater.

what style do you like? And what do you have a hard time doing?

you could always try your hand at creating your own music, if your not be challenged enough by others.
# 2
Jimmi431
Jimmi431
02/08/2004 5:57 pm
JAZZ! damn hard! i learnt eugienes trick bag (the solo the karate kid (cant remeber his name)uses to win the guitar duel in crossroads) an i think its quite easy compared to some of the jazz stuff my teacher has been teachin me! you have to use your hands in a completly different way to when your normally playin as you have to play bass, chords and melody together, an the chords ae usually pretty damn difficult to get the hang of. yes its considered cheesy but jaz is probaly the hardest kinda music cos it goes any where and every where! an as for lookin at your weakest skill thats a great idea as if you can over come that then you can move on and be a far better guitarist then you were. mine was syncopation (playin off the beat) i used to find it hard to detache myself from what the drummer was playin and play off the beat but i got the hang of it in the end.
The sun is shining the weather is sweet
# 3
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
03/08/2004 11:17 am
William Walton - 5 Bagatelles for guitar - especially number 1, 3 and 5 - that will definitely kill you!

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 4
Starjammer
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Starjammer
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/10/2004 8:35 pm
I agree with I Suffer. Try writing your own music. I think you'll find it much more rewarding than simply learning songs by other people (not that there's anything wrong with that, of course). You could try an online competition like riffwar.com,guitarbattle.com, or guitarwar.com for some inspiration/motivation. I've gotten a TON better over the last several months from competing at guitar war, as well as an appreciation for styles I wasn't to familiar with.
# 5
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
05/11/2004 8:02 pm
One name.............Frank Zappa. Steve Vai got his start transcribing Frank Zappa's music. He had to come up with new symbols to use in the transcriptions because Zappa's music was so out there.

I agree about the difficulty of Jazz. I've alway's said "If you can play Jazz, you can play anything"
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 6
Inisfail
Inisfail
05/11/2004 11:17 pm
Originally Posted by: I SufferBack in the day it took me a bit of time to totally learn
"Fatal Tragedy" by Dream theater.

Jesus, can you play the whole solo? My fingers just become a big knot when I try it.. I most use hammer on's, it's just too fast..
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.