View post (band)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
02/09/2004 12:34 am
First, you should have people in your band that are into what you want to do. Like you don't stick someone who wants to play Pop music into a hard rock band. If your an awesome guitar player as you say you are, the drummer and bass shouldn't out shine you. Drums and bass are rhythm players, sure they should add little licks and tricks but a good groove is alot stronger than a solo. You don't hear many bass or drum solos in songs. If you get cool people in your band, your bass player may be like "what do you think of this?". And if someone says, "eh they don't like". Yeah they might be hurt, but someone cool isn't going to cry about it. The attitude - it has to be my way is want people aint gonna go for. I'm sorry but unless you find weak minded people, your going to have problems with that attitude. Even if you do, your band won't rock unless everyone is a strong member of the band. Vai doesn't play with ****ty and weak minded musicians for a good reason, even professional musicans will put there own thing to a song. Studio musicians usually require a lead sheet and then they put something to it of the liking of whoever hired them. You want absolute control - go solo! A good leader in music is one who coordinated and sometimes suggests, not tells or commands. You should expect the same backlash as you got from the replies of this post.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.