View post (band)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/08/2004 2:33 am
Yeah, finger's pretty much got the right idea there. I'll admit that I pretty much want a band where people just play what I tell them to play. It garuntees that we'll see it to be as perfect as it can be... In our eyes at least. And I've got no quarrel with that. I think that if it works then great. Everyone's got their own style. As far as others being up for the idea. That's usually where the issues come in at. I'd say be the main soloist if you like, just give the other guys something to play so they don't feel so worthless and just there to make sure you look good. Whether they're playing a solo or not, just give them a reason to continue with you. Now, if the other guys come up to you with an idea or something, don't blow them off and say "no this is about me". At least make them feel like their worth something and tell them you'll do what you can. If a guy wants to write a song or a piece or whatever, let him. It'll give them something to do and allow them to feel like they've contributed. Basically, I know it's not always easy, but don't disregard compromising in every situation. The others might still have something that'll give you the idea that you needed to make something work. No one said you had to include them in every song you make. I recall at one point I made a song with a friend of mine and I let him do most of the writing really. I had different expectations out of my material so I had no real problem letting him do most of the stuff. I just improvised with things that he made. And it turned out great. I recall another time I was jamming with another friend and the two of us took some of my material to the next step. So, my point being, go ahead and write all you want. Just don't disregard your friends. They've got ideas too. Ideas that you can make good use of.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.