Ibanezeseseses

Marauder
Marauder
02/07/2004 12:13 am
I am going to buy a few Ibanez guitars off eBay I think. I just bought one second hand a while ago and I am VERY impressed with it. What models should I be looking for given that I play metal-with a HEAVY emphasis on solos, incl. sweep arps, all that madness.....you know. I want a neck that is FAST....I know it will only be fast if I am fast so save me the speeches about that please.
Anyway I need one of you Ibanez experts to brake them down for me. What should I get???
# 1
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/07/2004 2:13 am
Well you got your regular RG series and then...the rest.All the series of ibanezez have there prestige models...better woods,trems/tails,pickups,hardware e.c.t.

The high end of the regular RG series is the 570...if your looking for a real performer then go for a Prestige RG(like a 3120)

Go to guitartrader.com and check their Ibanez selection to get an idea of what to look for on ebay.
Try once,fail twice...
# 2
darkserpent
darkserpent
02/07/2004 2:15 am
Congrats on the purchase.

Although most ibanez necks are way thinner than other industry standards, the Super wizard is the thinnest & it’s a personal interpretation whether thin=fast. Some find thin necks virtually ‘cutting’ through the fretting hand over prolonged play. I thought I’d given up on the Super Wizard neck until I tried the current Prestige range. These necks have an extra finishing process applied to it that makes it super smooth + addictive. After 10 guitars, I just have to add the RG 1550 as number 11…

Personally, I’d suggest you check out the Ultra neck profile instead (eg: RG 1620), the neck is still thin but it has a very ‘grab’ friendly feel, that makes lower & upper fret access very pleasing.

For ibanez’s interpretation of ‘chunk’, check out the RGT42- one of the fattest neck in an Ibanez RG series.

# 3
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
02/07/2004 4:35 am
Even though I am not big on Ibenhads :) I do a few, of course they are all 80-early 90's models...

If I absolutely had to play one though, I would go with a PGM model. Sweet instrument and not bad on the price... I am also going to be looking for his new signature model that is supposed to be coming out this year...

Things Ibanez that will make it in my collection over the next 24 months:

Rootbeer JEM
Anniversary model JEM
Burnt-stained Blue JEM
And maybe even a 2 neck Universe/JEM in a Floral Pattern with tree of life inlay...

So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.