pick

basics
basics
02/05/2004 2:16 pm
hey. i used to come on here a while ago but i forgot my password. anyway, i hold my pick so that it's flat against the left side of my index finger. it's the only way i can get any decent speed alternate picking and such. problem is, sometimes the second joint aches. actually, lately it hasn't but i really press hard with my thumb against the index finger to get the control i want. anybody else hold their pick this way?
# 1
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/05/2004 5:01 pm
Welcome back. I've never tried that, I'll see how it feels sometime today.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 2
Death55
Death55
02/05/2004 7:15 pm
i think my friend used to hold his pick that way. I dont think its the best to hold it because as soon as he got lessons he got told to hold it in a different way.
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.