View post (Shawn Lane and Rusty Cooley Songs)

View thread

Yngtchie Blacksteen
Yngtchie Blacksteen
02/06/2004 1:47 pm
Okay, download this Rusty Cooley song: War Of The Angels. It's probably his best tune, out of the songs I've heard(I have his entire debut album).

Review from www.theshredzone.com: ""War of the Angels" hands down is the number one song from this stellar release. Rusty Cooley's guitar playing is off the scale and ferocious! Cooley is defiantly a lion when it comes to his guitar playing. He pounces on his pray with a mighty thrash then roars out in victory with his thunderous rhythm guitar work. This song is very machinelike. Cooley showcases all his chops ranging from melodic hooks, happy arpeggios, screaming bends, insane harmonics to shred runs that will leave his competition in shambles. The main melody and backing riff is if not the most powerful and aggressive one ever to hit the face of instrumental guitar. I can't even begin to describe to awesome this song is. There are so many interesting and over the top licks I can't even pin point a few to check out immediately. Well, I did find the section starting at 05:01 real interesting, because Rusty shifted from the explosive shred and ballsy riffing to a peaceful melodic solo that will calm the wildest of all beasts. This song will be hard to beat and I will state that "War of the Angels" is The Shred Zone.com's pick for best instrumental song of the year!"