new recording

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
02/04/2004 5:34 pm
i've done some more recording, and i would appreciate you guys giving a listen. This one is more keyboard driven, but i think it's pretty good. unfortunately i had to use the keyboards for drums, it still turned out ok though. i hope you guys enjoy.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/beyondtheshadows.htm
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 1
I Suffer
I Suffer
02/04/2004 6:18 pm
Downloading right now. My computers pretty slow today. Is that picture of you on the page? Good looking guy.
# 2
I Suffer
I Suffer
02/04/2004 6:25 pm
i like it. I wasnt expecting the heavy chords to come in, i had headphones on, it scared me.

The intro reminded me alot of iced earth. In stuff like " i died for you". I really start to like it at around 1:58. The break in keys at 3:08 is nice and flows well into the next section. The solo is full of energy, really good stuff.

I listen to your first one aswell, i liked that alot as well. You plan on gigging soon?>
# 3
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
02/04/2004 9:03 pm
thanks. i plan on gigging as soon as i find a band. not too many real metalheads where i am.

and yeah that's me, and thanks again ;)
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

# 4
Death55
Death55
02/04/2004 9:11 pm
I'm confused... which song is it ?

By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 5
Death55
Death55
02/04/2004 9:12 pm
ahh, i've found it. I think i have to sign up first to listen to it though
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 6
Death55
Death55
02/04/2004 9:41 pm
i like the bit at 3:16 where it really gets going :)
3:43 - is this tapping on the guitar or keyboard stuff ?
whatever it is it sounds cool and very melodic :)

Well done. Nice piece !
-sorry for triple posting :(

# 7
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
02/06/2004 2:54 am
it's tapping on the guitar

# 8
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
02/06/2004 5:06 am
Nice job. Seems like the first few bars of distorted guitar are a bit off time, though. Also, the overall mix could be a little more even.

Wicked tapping section, though! I loved it! I also like what you did with the outro guitar arpeggio sections, with the choppiness... really cool effect - dunno if it was intentional or not, but it was cool.

I'm not too sure I'm crazy about the tone on the tapping guitar, though... a bit too compressed, but I guess that's the name of the game when you're talking about tapping.

Are you a Douglas Adams fan? E.g. Dirk Gently and the Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul?
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.