Were Dealing With A New Species.....

loner92
loner92
02/07/2001 6:41 am
(clears throat)

M E G A D E T H.

Just had to get that off my chest. Sorry.
By the way, Megadeth is putting out a new album on May 15, it's going to be a return to Rust In Peace era style 'Deth. VH1 is doing a Megadeth behind the music currently scheduled for May 13, and Dave Mustaine will be co-hosting (with Scott Ian) the Rock Show on Feb. 23.
Don't worry about pop music, ignore it.

# 1
Elmo45
Elmo45
02/07/2001 7:05 am
...is that new album gonna be with the new guitarist?
# 2
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
02/07/2001 7:54 am
If i could ignore it loner, i would. But i've tried..Lord knows i've tried!!!! But's it's like that bully or really annoying kid in grade school who is always up in your face. And you just can't never seem to get away or avoid him , every time i look up i hear some pop crap on tv, newspapers,radio,website banners(click here to view britney's new video) I'm so weary of it all, is it worth it to go on? I just thank god every day that livin' la vida loca has totally played itself out, i don't think i'll hear that song until 2010 when they put one of the sounds of the decades albums out on infomercials.
"Take my hand boss"
# 3
loner92
loner92
02/07/2001 4:40 pm
Yes, it was recorded with Al Pitrelli.

And Jake, sorry, but you should know by now that I can't ignore a post complaining about pop music.
If you're havin touble ignoring it, go get a tab book for a really complex album. Dedicate all your spare time trying to learn it fully, you won't even notice the current trend of the week.

# 4
Willdridge
Willdridge
02/07/2001 5:04 pm
The man has a point...if we keep our heads down long enough we'll never know it's there. In fact, don't bother getting the tab book, work it out yourself and miss next weeks' trend too! We mightn't be able to get rid of pop music, but we can avoid it as much as we want to. Still, could be worse, governments across the world could ban guitars.... now there's a scary thought...
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 5
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
02/07/2001 7:28 pm
i don't think that'll ever work, you can never fully avoid it. The only way you can is if you become a monk or something, and go live shut off from the rest of the world. I'm never gonna escape no matter how long you look down, even if i did turn off every tv, every radio, computer, i have a 4 year old sister who sings that crap day and night, by the freaking light of the moon,i swear. You would have to go sit in the dark for the rest of your life with a blindfold on your head and ear plugs in your ear.

Who is Britney Spears?

Who is N'Sync?

Who is Nelly?

i mean i'm sure everyone on this site knows who they are no matter how they look away from the whole pop scene and hate it just like i do, you know i can't even read a newspaper without seeing em, and that's sad.
"Take my hand boss"
# 6
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/07/2001 7:57 pm
Originally posted by Willdridge
Still, could be worse, governments across the world could ban guitars.... now there's a scary thought...

*WHOA !!!! (SERIOUS flashback, bro :D) ......As soon as I got done reading your post, I threw on side 1 of "2112" ...."We have assumed control...." V :)
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 7
Willdridge
Willdridge
02/07/2001 8:16 pm
Seriously though...imagine if that happened? Guitar music would become an illegal opperation, wouldn't it? Y'know, why'd have secrect handshakes and underground hideouts sound proofed with 2km's of concreate, just incase. You'd have to redesign your guitars to disassemble into a shooting cases...man...actually, that'd be kinda fun...Oh, wait, yea, there's to whole non-stop pop music..okay, maybe not...Still, an interesting, if not disturbing, thought.
# 8
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
02/07/2001 8:40 pm
"The sacred brotherhood of the guitar" that would be kinda cool. We'd go to secret meetings many miles under the ground, where we could play all day and night without being discovered. Kinda reminds me of the episode of the simpson's where homer wants to join the stonecutters. Has anyone ever seen that one?
"Take my hand boss"
# 9
Willdridge
Willdridge
02/08/2001 7:28 am
Yeah, I've seen that one. What we could do is, instead of the holy script or whatever it was, get a tab of something like "Runnin' With The Devil" Solo, or "Cross Fire", or "Stairway!!!!!" (hehehe). Y'know, "All pay homage to this piece of guitar history. Etc, etc, etc."
"Secrect Brotherhood of Guitar," SBoG, (Great appreviation!) I like it, I think it'd catch on.
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.