View post (Were Dealing With A New Species.....)

View thread

BadHorsie
BadHorsie
01/21/2001 7:54 pm
You know, I was thinking about this the other day and what I came up with is this: Not only do the record companies push this type of music more than ever, but there is an overabundance of people making this music. Remember disco? This is the new millenium and disco has a new name... "Boy Bands". Also, I think it has a great deal to do with actual song writing. Britney Spears had a song written for her by Mutt Lang. Now let's face it, Mutt is a well known song writer and anything he touches goes platinum. As far as the BSBs' and their song writing goes, it's fairly new to them. They just barely started writing songs. I don't know if I'm the only one that noticed this, but all the songs that they write sound exactly the same as their old songs. People are already getting tired of this. This type of music is really starting to get played out and soon people will look for more than just a good beat to listen to. The time for bands with a message is coming abroad us. Look out for metal bands like Static-X, System Of A Down, and Chiselhead to blow up in the near future.
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!